Mr. Jerzy Buzek, President of the European Parliament
Ms. Dora Bakoyannis, President of the Organization for Security and Co – operation in Europe
Mr. Dmitry Medvedev, President of the Russian Federation
Ms. Dalia Grybauskaite, President of the Republic of Lithuania
To the members of the European Parliament
RESOLUTION OF THE PIQUET
held on the 21st of April of the year 2010
near the embassy of the Russian Federation
in the city of Vilnius (Lithuania)
In memory of the assassinated President of the Chechen Republic Itshkeria Dzhokhar Dudayev and against the genocide of the Chechen people
Vilnius 21 April 2010
On 11 December 1994, Russian Federation started the total aggressive war against Chechen Republic of Ichkeria.
The content of the Treaty on peace and principles of inter-relationship between the Russian Federation and the Chechen Republic of Itshkeria:
Russia violated THE PEACE TREATY signed by President of Russia B. Yeltsin and President of Chechen Republic of Ichkeria A. Maschadov on 12 May 1997.
“Wishing to break off the century-old opposition and seeking for establishing the durable, equal and mutually beneficial relations, the World Powers have agreed as follows:
1. To renounce use of force and threat of use of force while settling any questionable items.
2. The Parties build their relations in accordance with the generally accepted principles and norms of the international law. Moreover, the Parties interact in the spheres, which are fixed by the definite covenants.
3. The Covenant serves as the basis for conclusion of further covenants and agreements as regards the total complex of inter-relations.
4. The Covenant is issued in two copies; moreover, the both copies are provided with equal legal force.
5. The present Covenant comes into force since the date of its signing.”
The Covenant, which was signed by the Presidents of two sovereign states, contains in itself the fact of juridical acknowledgement of the Chechen Republic of Itshkeria.
In addition, Russia ignores the requirements and recommendations of the International law, the regulations for decolonization and the United Nations on termination of the military actions and supporting subjugated nations.
Within that period, Russia killed about 250 thousand citizens of Chechnya. A damage of about USD 300 billion was caused to the state.
In course of implementing orders of Russian militarists, about 40 thousand Russian military men were killed.
On the 21st of April of the year 1996 Russia assassinated the President of the Chechen Republic of Itshkeria Dzhokhar Dudayev. The Presidents of Chechnya Aslan Maskhadov, Zelimkhan Yandarbyev and Abdul-Khalim Sadulayev were also assassinated.
A number of acts of terrorism had been executed in the Russian Federation since the year 1999. The acts of terrorism, executed in the Moscow theatre “Nord-Ost” on the 23rd -26th of October of the year 2002, in Beslan on the 01st of September of the year 2004 and in the Moscow underground on the 29th of March of the year 2010, were particularly insidious, cruel and bloody; they took away many people’s lives. We mourn over the death of innocent people and we condole with their dear people and close relatives.
We also mourn over the death of 250 thousand assassinated Chechens and 40 thousand Russian service men. We condole deeply with their dear people and close relatives.
We draw the attention to the fact that the terrorists, as if, were not ascertained; it means that they were not condemned. The rumors that these acts of terrorism, as if, have the “Caucasian track” are being supercharged for widely spread usage in the official sphere and in the mass media means.
We draw the attention to the fact that the European Court of Human Rights has condemned the Russian Federation approximately 40 times for violation of human rights in Chechnya and adjudged the multi-thousand monetary exaction in favor of the victims. Which amount must Russia pay out for the lives of 250 thousand assassinated Chechens and 40 thousand Russian service men?!
Heads of the States, the United Nations Organization, NATO, the European Parliament, the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe and other famous world organization had not prevented the genocide in Chechen Republic of Ichkeria.
We are addressing you with the call:
1. To demand from Russia to withdraw its troops from the Chechen Republic of Itshkeria.
2. To solve the item on restoration of independence of the Chechen Republic of Itshkeria.
3. To assess the genocide, inflicted by the Russia in the Chechen Republic of Itshkeria.
4. To provide aid to citizens of the Chechen Republic of Itshkeria.
5. To indemnify the detriment, caused to the Chechen Republic of Itshkeria and its citizens.
The present resolution is signed by the below-mentioned people, acting on behalf of the participants of the piquet:
The nun, the former prisoner of conscience Nijole Sadunaite
Chaiman of Vilnius Concil of Lithuanian Sajudis Leonas Kerosierius
Contact information: A. Budriunas, Gedimino Ave 1, Vilnius, Lithuania, +370 673 95 837;
L. Kerosierius, + 370 5 231 81 11, P. Rutkauskas + 370 699 37691,
Gedimino ave. 1, LT-
01103, Vilnius, Lithunia.